Complete coverage for your BMW 5 Series Diesel (Sept 03 - 10) 53 to 10
NB: this is not a printed product.
Haynes takes automotive DIY into the digital age with this new product which provides the following benefits:
• All-colour photographs with approx. 750 featuring in each product.
• Photos can be enlarged so you can view key details.
• All-colour wiring diagrams to help track problems quickly and easily.
• Videos providing highlights of common DIY tasks.
• Easy search functionality featuring 'instant display'.
• Dictionary of automotive terms.
• Hyperlinks to additional relevant information in other manual chapters.
• Quick links are provided to take you to the most popular DIY tasks.
• Troubleshooting section allowing you to quickly ascertain the cause of a particular problem.
• Conversion calculator for imperial and metric units.
BMW 5-Series Saloon (E60) and Touring (E61) with 4- and 6- cylinder turbo-diesel engines: 520d, 525d, and 530d.
Turbo-Diesel: 2.0 litre (1995cc), 2.5 litre (2497cc) and 3.0 litre (2993cc).
Does NOT cover new 5-Series (F10/F11) range introduced during 2010.
Does NOT cover petrol models, 535d twin turbo diesel models, or models with xDrive transmission.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Routine maintenance and servicing
Chapter 2: Part A: N47 engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part B: M47 and M57 engines in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part C: General engine overhaul procedures
Chapter 3: Cooling, heating and ventilation systems
Chapter 4: Part A: Fuel and exhaust systems
Chapter 4: Part B: Emission control systems
Chapter 5: Starting and charging systems
Chapter 6: Clutch
Chapter 7: Part A: Manual transmission
Chapter 7: Part B: Automatic transmission
Chapter 8: Final drive, driveshafts and propeller shaft
Chapter 9: Braking system
Chapter 10: Suspension and steering systems
Chapter 11: Bodywork and fittings
Chapter 12: Body electrical systems, Wiring diagrams, Reference