Fiat Punto (1999 - 2003)
Complete coverage for your vehicle
Written from hands-on experience gained from the complete strip-down and rebuild of a Fiat Punto, Haynes can help you understand, care for and repair your Fiat Punto. We do it ourselves to help you do-it-yourself, and whatever your mechanical ability, the practical step-by-step explanations, linked to over 900 photos, will help you get the job done right. Regular servicing and maintenance of your Fiat Punto can help maintain its resale value, save you money, and make it safer to drive.
The Online Manual is not a printed product, not a PDF and not a download.
Access this manual immediately on your internet browser on your mobile, desktop or tablet.
Punto Hatchback with 1.2 litre (1242cc) petrol engine, including Speedgear models and special/limited editions
PLEASE NOTE that this manual has been superceded by manual No 5634.
Does NOT cover diesel or 1.8 litre (1747cc) petrol models or ‘new’ range introduced August 2003
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : Routine maintenance and servicing
Chapter 2A : SOHC (8-valve) engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2B : DOHC (16-valve) engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2C : Engine removal and overhaul procedures
Chapter 3 : Cooling, heating and air conditioning systems
Chapter 4A : Fuel and exhaust systems
Chapter 4B : Emission control systems
Chapter 5A : Starting and charging systems
Chapter 5B : Ignition system
Chapter 6 : Clutch
Chapter 7A : Manual transmission
Chapter 7B : Automatic transmission
Chapter 8 : Driveshafts
Chapter 9 : Braking system
Chapter 10 : Suspension and steering
Chapter 11 : Bodywork and fittings
Chapter 12 : Body electrical systems
With a Haynes Online Manual in an online format you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- All colour step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Colour wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units