Yamaha FZS600 Fazer (1998 - 2003)
Complete coverage for your vehicle
Written from hands-on experience gained from the complete strip-down and rebuild of a Yamaha FZS600 Fazer, Haynes can help you understand, care for and repair your Yamaha FZS600 Fazer. We do it ourselves to help you do-it-yourself, and whatever your mechanical ability, the practical step-by-step explanations, linked to over 900 photos, will help you get the job done right. Regular servicing and maintenance of your Yamaha FZS600 Fazer can help maintain its resale value, save you money, and make it safer to drive.
The Online Manual is not a printed product, not a PDF and not a download.
Access this manual immediately on your internet browser on your mobile, desktop or tablet.
Yamaha YFZ600R Thundercat & FZS600 Fazer 1996-2003
FZS600 Fazer 599cc 1998-2003
YZF600R Thundercat 599cc 1996-2003
Engine – 599cc liquid-cooled DOHC four valves per cylinder, in-line 4-cylinder
PLEASE NOTE that this manual is intended for vehicles built to US specifications. Although it is useful when the products or systems are similar to those in other markets, there may still be significant differences, especially in areas concerned with safety and emission control.
Does not include FZ6 from 2003
Table of contents
Daily Pre-ride checks
Chapter 1 : Routine maintenance and servicing
Chapter 2 : Engine, clutch and transmission
Chapter 3 : Cooling system
Chapter 4 : Fuel and exhaust systems
Chapter 5 : Ignition system
Chapter 6 : Frame, suspension and final drive
Chapter 7 : Brakes
Chapter 8 : Wheels
Chapter 9 : Tyres
Chapter 10 : Fairing and bodywork
With a Haynes Online Manual in an online format you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- All colour step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Colour wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units