Mercedes-Benz A-Class Petrol and Diesel (98 - 04) S to 54 Haynes Online Manual
Complete coverage for your Mercedes-Benz A-Class Petrol and Diesel (98 - 04) S to 54
With Haynes Manuals Online you get all the trusted content of a printed Haynes Owners Workshop Manual but with additional features to help you get the job done. Haynes takes automotive DIY into the digital age with this new product which provides the following benefits:
• All-colour photographs with approx. 750 featuring in each product.
• Photos can be enlarged so you can view key details.
• All-colour wiring diagrams to help track problems quickly and easily.
• Videos providing highlights of common DIY tasks.
• Easy search functionality featuring 'instant display'.
• Dictionary of automotive terms.
• Hyperlinks to additional relevant information in other manual chapters.
• Quick links are provided to take you to the most popular DIY tasks.
• Troubleshooting section allowing you to quickly ascertain the cause of a particular problem.
• Conversion calculator for imperial and metric units.
A140, A160, A170, A190 and A210 Hatchback.
(W168 series), including special/limited editions.
Also covers major mechanical features of Vaneo.
Petrol: 1.4 litre (1397cc), 1.6 litre (1598cc), 1.9 litre (1898cc) and 2.1 litre (2084cc).
Turbo-Diesel: 1.7 litre (1689cc).
Does NOT cover new A-Class range (W169 series) introduced 2005.
Table of contents
Contents, General Information
Chapter 1: Part A: Routine maintenance and servicing - petrol models
Chapter 1: Part B: Routine maintenance and servicing - diesel models
Chapter 2: Part A: Petrol engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part B: Diesel engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part C: Engine removal and overhaul procedures
Chapter 3: Cooling, heating and air conditioning systems
Chapter 4: Part A: Petrol engine fuel systems
Chapter 4: Part B: Diesel engine fuel system
Chapter 4: Part C: Emission control and exhaust systems – petrol models
Chapter 4: Part D: Emission control and exhaust systems – diesel models
Chapter 5: Part A: Starting and charging systems
Chapter 5: Part B: Ignition system – petrol engines
Chapter 5: Part C: Preheating system – diesel engines
Chapter 6: Clutch
Chapter 7: Part A: Manual transmission
Chapter 7: Part B: Automatic transmission
Chapter 8: Driveshafts
Chapter 9: Braking system
Chapter 10: Suspension and steering systems
Chapter 11: Bodywork and fittings
Chapter 12: Body electrical systems, Wiring diagrams, Reference