Do you need to replace a headlight on your 2003 to 2010 Citroen C2 but don't know where to start? This video tutorial shows you step-by-step how to do it!
The video was filmed in our workshop where we strip down and rebuild every car when producing our best-selling car repair manuals. Our 2003 to 2010 Citroen C2 manual covers 53 to 60 reg vehicles and both petrol and diesel engines.
You can get it in the traditional printed book, or you can get the online manual version which comes with 16 more videos just like this one! You can find both versions of the manual here!
How to replace the headlight on a Citroen C2
- To improve access to the left-hand headlight unit, remove the battery cover, then remove the air cleaner air inlet duct components behind the headlight.
- Reach behind the headlight unit, and unclip the rubber access cover.
- Unclip the rubber access cover
- Disconnect the wiring plug from the headlight bulb (see illustration) .
- Disconnect the wiring plug from the headlight bulb
- Release the bulb retaining clip, and withdraw the bulb (see illustrations) .
- Release the bulb retaining clip and withdraw the headlight bulb
- When handling the new bulb, use a tissue or clean cloth to avoid touching the glass with the fingers; moisture and grease from the skin can cause blackening and rapid failure of this type of bulb. If the glass is accidentally touched, wipe it clean using methylated spirit.
- Install the new bulb, ensuring that its locating tabs are correctly seated in the light cut-outs, and secure it in position with the retaining clip.
- Refit the wiring connector followed by the access cover.
- Refit any other components which where disturbed for access to the rear of the headlight unit.