BMW R1150 Twins (2000 - 2006)
Complete coverage for your vehicle
Written from hands-on experience gained from the complete strip-down and rebuild of a BMW R1150 Twins, Haynes can help you understand, care for and repair your BMW R1150 Twins. We do it ourselves to help you do-it-yourself, and whatever your mechanical ability, the practical step-by-step explanations, linked to over 900 photos, will help you get the job done right. Regular servicing and maintenance of your BMW R1150 Twins can help maintain its resale value, save you money, and make it safer to ride.
R850R 848cc 95 - 06 R850R Comfort 848cc 04 - 06 R850GS 848cc 99 - 01 R1100GS 1085cc 94 - 00 R1150GS 1130cc 00 - 03 R1150GS Adventure 1130cc 02 - 06 R1100R 1085cc 95 - 01 R1150R 1130cc 01 - 06 R1150R Rockster 1130cc 03 - 05 R1100RS 1085cc 93 - 02 R1150RS 1130cc 02 - 04 R1100S/SS 1085cc 99 - 05 R1100RT 1085cc 96 - 01 R1150RT 1130cc 01 - 05
Table of contents
Contents General Information Chapter 1: Routine maintenance and servicing Chapter 2: Engine, clutch and transmission Chapter 3: Fuel and exhaust systems Chapter 4: Ignition system Chapter 5: Frame, suspension and final drive Chapter 6: Brakes, wheels and tyres Chapter 7: Bodywork Chapter 8: Electrical systems Wiring diagrams Reference
With a Haynes Online Manual in an online format you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- All colour step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Colour wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units
BMW’s efficient R1150 is a great touring bike with a sporty edge, and also perfect for commuting around a city. The twin engine comes with an air/oil cooled motor. The manual provides servicing details for a full strip down of the bike. ABS brakes are an optional extra on the R1150, with the front brake featuring a four-piston caliper and two on the rear. Later models of the bike included dual spark plugs. Owners should consult the BMW R1150 2000-2006 manual for guidance on routine tasks that include oil and filter changes, light switch checks, chain lubrication and spark plug replacements. On top of this, our manuals include plenty of guidance for carrying out full body repair work.