All Haynes Digital Online Manuals are currently 50% off. They feature everything you love about our books in an instantly accessible digital online form, that you can use via any device with an internet connection.
This page is taken directly from our online manual 30014 for the 2008-2018 Dodge Grand Caravan (including Caravan Cargo) and Chrysler Town & Country mini vans with 3.3, 3.6, 3.8 or 4.0 liter V6 engines. It covers changing the cabin air filter, which cleans the air to the driver and passengers which comes in through the heater, air conditioner, and vent. You should plan on changing this filter once a year, or every 12,000 miles - if you live in the south, do it before the heavy AC usage of summer, and in the north before winter and daily heater use.
Warning: The models covered by this manual are equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), more commonly known as airbags. Always disable the airbag system before working in the vicinity of any airbag system component to avoid the possibility of accidental deployment of the airbag, which could cause personal injury. To disarm the system:
- Point the wheels straight ahead and turn the ignition key to the LOCK position.
- Disconnect the cable from the negative battery terminal. Isolate the cable terminal so it won’t accidentally contact the battery post.
- Wait at least two minutes for the back-up power supply capacitor to be depleted. During this two-minute interval, the SRS is still capable of deploying.
Disengage the clips on each side of the glove box, then pull the sides inwards until the stops are clear and lower glove box (more detailed instructions are in your Haynes manual Chapter 11 ).
Disengage the two clips at the ends of the cover (see illustration) and remove the cover.
- Remove the filter from the housing(see illustration)
- Install the filter, making sure the arrow on the filter is pointing towards the floor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.