Free step-by-step video tutorials for your Kia Sorento
Do you own a Kia Sorento from 2003 thru 2013? Maybe you're thinking about buying one of these SUVs?
You can save yourself lots of money by carrying out maintenance and repairs on your own car, and Haynes' Owners Workshop Manual for the Mk1 and Mk2 Sorento (2003 - 2013) shows you how to perform basic jobs such as checking the tire pressures, fluid levels and changing the wiper blades as well as more advanced procedures such as replacing the fuel pump and renewing the drive axle.
Haynes has also just added 22 videos that show you, step by step, how to do the jobs shown above (and more) on your Sorento. Our Mk1 and Mk2 Kia Sorento YouTube playlist shows you:
- How to fit a new starter motor
- How to renew the spark plugs
- How to replace the rear light bulbs
- How to change the wiper blades
- How to fit a new air filter
- How to renew the engine oil and filter
- How to change the coolant
- How to replace the headlight bulbs
- How to change the rear shock absorbers
- How to replace the front struts
- How to change the front brake pads
- How to replace the rear brake pads
- How to renew the serpentine belt
- How to change a driveshaft
- How to fit a new battery
- How to renew the alternator
- How to change the cabin filter
- How to change the thermostat
- How to renew the fuel pump (shown below)
- How to change the auto transmission oil
- How to swap out the oxygen sensor
- How to fit a new drive axle
The videos are designed to complement our online manual for the Kia Sorento with the 3.5-liter and 3.8-liter V6s or the 2.4-liter and 2.5-liter four-cylinder gasoline engines.
With a Haynes Online Manual in an online format you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- All colour step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Colour wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units
Here’s the Kia Sorento fluid level checks video from YouTube:
Buyer’s guide: the Kia Sorento story
2003 through 2009 and 2011 through 2013 Kia Sorento models are equipped with either a 2.4L four-cylinder engine, or a 3.3L, 3.5L or 3.8L V6 engine.
2009 and earlier models are either rear-wheel drive (RWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD); the engine drives the rear wheels through either a four or five-speed automatic or a five-speed manual transmission via a driveshaft and a solid rear axle.
On AWD models, the front wheels are also propelled, via a transfer case, driveshaft, front differential, and front driveaxles. 2011 and later models are either front wheel drive (FWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD); the engine drives the front wheels through either a five or six-speed automatic or manual transaxle via independent driveaxles. On AWD models, the rear wheels are also propelled, via a transfer case, driveshaft, rear differential, and rear driveaxles.
On 2009 and earlier models, suspension is independent at the front, using upper and lower control arms and coil-over shock absorbers. The rear suspension uses a solid axle, coil springs, upper and lower arms, a lateral rod, and conventional shock absorbers.
On 2011 and later models, suspension is independent at all four wheels, with MacPherson struts used at the front and coil springs with conventional shock absorbers at the rear.
The brakes are disc at the front and rear on all models. Power assist is standard on all models. An Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) is standard equipment on some models and is available as an option on others.
Recalls dates/campaign numbers/models affected include:
- AUG 04, 2005 / 05V353000 / 2003 Sorento
- APR 17, 2009 / 09V130000 / 2006, 2007 Sorento
- AUG 31, 2010 / 10V388000 / 2011 Sorento
- NOV 24, 2010 / 10V599000 / 2011 Sorento
- APR 25, 2011 / 11V258000 / 2011 Sorento
- SEP 07, 2011 / 11V473000 / 2007, 2008 Sorento
- APR 01, 2013 13V114000 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 Sorento