Here at Haynes we are constantly working to keep up to date on the latest models and new powertrain options, every year. We are currently crunching the past few year's official production numbers from the OEMs and our own sales history, to determine what vehicles we will buy, tear down, and write new or updated manuals for in 2018.
Here's a few that we've already done that will have titles available (both online and print) in the near future, or possibly by the time you read this.
- Jeep Patriot & Compass (2007-2017) - This groundbreaking pair were the first of the car based compact crossovers from Jeep, and they sold well enough that they were largely left unchanged (except for updated powertrain options) for ten years. If you've got one of these affordable cute-utes you ought to pick up our service manual to keep it running right for another decade.
- Ford Explorer (2011-2017) - Now for sale, this all new book covers the latest generation of Ford's family friendly crossover. Raising a family is expensive, but maintaining the family truck doesn't have to be. Doing your own service can save you thousands of dollars over the life of the vehicle and hundreds every year, and every little bit helps.
- Triumph T100, T120, Bonneville (2015-2017) - Just in time for bike season, our experts in the UK have finished this new manual covering the latest "Modern Classics" from Triumph. This book covers all of the variations on the theme, including the Scrambler, Thruxton, Street Twin, Bobber, and the rest, and completes 80 years of Triumph twin coverage in various Haynes titles.
- BMW S1000 (2010-2017) - Just about as far from the Triumph Bonneville as you can get is the S1000 family of BMW cutting edge sport bikes. If you have one and race it, track it, or just blast canyons on weekends, our manual will be very helpful in keeping it operating at peak performance.
- Ford Expedition/Lincoln Navigator (2007-2017) - Still contained in our 1997-2003 F-150 manual, the newest edition has been updated to include all the information on the EcoBoost 3.5 liter V6 turbo. The Expedition and Navigator carried on on the older platform when the F-150 was updated in 2003, but our manual has all the information specific to these late model body-on-frame SUVs from Ford.
- Jeep Wrangler (1987-2017) - The Wrangler has gone through three distinct generation in the past 30 years, but overlaps in the powertrain and other hard parts puts them all in the same manual. We have updated this to include all the latest changes made over the past few years since our last edition came out.
- Suzuki Intruder 800/Boulevard M50 Motorcycles - This book covering Suzuki's mid-range cruiser is one of our most popular motorcycle manuals, and now it has been updated to include all the 2010-2017 changes and variations. No matter if you measure in cubic inches or CC, call it an Intruder or a Boulevard, this manual has you covered.
- Chevy Equinox/GMC Terrain (2005-2017) - These popular mid-sized SUVs from General Motors (including the departed Pontiac Torrent) are reliable and easy to work on. Our updated manual now includes the more luxurious GMC Terrain, and updates the coverage of the Equinox to include 2013-2017. (coming soon)
- Ford Escape (2013-2017) - One of the first compact crossover SUVs from an American company, the Ford Escape only got better with its update to the second generation. For people who want great fuel economy, combined with the space and all weather safety of an SUV the escape is a logical choice, and our manual will help you save even more money by maintaining it yourself. (coming soon)
- BMW RnineT (2014-2017) - This simply styled new age boxer was instantly embraced by the motoring public as an attractive new canvas on which to build custom creations. If you are building a custom, or just want to get the most out of riding your RnineT, you'll want our manual. (coming soon)
General Interest Titles
Our home office in the United Kingdom have branched out well beyond cars, trucks, and motorcycles, and now write informative manuals for fictional TV/movie vehicles, as well as military vehicles, spacecraft, race cars, and more. Their movie tie in manuals are so good that folks making new movies in a franchise sometimes use them as references. Their military manual on WWI tanks was used by Guy Martin on a UK reality show to build a full scale, working model!
Here's a few of their more interesting new releases now available via Amazon or the Haynes UK website:
- Porsche 956 & 962 Race Cars - Joining our classic endurance race cars book series, which already includes the Ford GT40 and Porsche 917, is this manual detailing Porsche 1980s weapon of choice.
- NASA Skylab - At the tail end of the Apollo program in 1973, NASA created their first space station out of the spare parts from the moon missions. Our manual details the creation, launch, and life of this orbiting science platform.
- Grumman F-14 Tomcat - The carrier launched fighter plane that Goose, Maverick, and Ice Man flew in Top Gun may have been mothballed, but it is still one of the best jet fighters America ever had. If you geek out over aviation, you'll want this book.