Dodge Ram 1500 (1994 - 2001)
Complete coverage for your vehicle
Written from hands-on experience gained from the complete strip-down and rebuild of a Dodge Ram 1500, Haynes can help you understand, care for and repair your Dodge Ram 1500. We do it ourselves to help you do-it-yourself, and whatever your mechanical ability, the practical step-by-step explanations, linked to over 900 photos, will help you get the job done right. Regular servicing and maintenance of your Dodge Ram 1500 can help maintain its resale value, save you money, and make it safer to drive.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Tune-up and routine maintenance
Chapter 2: Gasoline/diesel engines, general engine overhaul procedures
Chapter 3: Cooling, heating and air conditioning systems
Chapter 4: Fuel and exhaust systems: gasoline and diesel
Chapter 5: Engine electrical systems
Chapter 6: Emissions and engine control systems
Chapter 7: Manual and automatic transmissions, transfer case
Chapter 8: Clutch and driveline
Chapter 9: Brakes
Chapter 10: Suspension and steering systems
Chapter 11: Body
Chapter 12: Chassis electrical systems
With a Haynes Online Manual in an online format you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- All colour step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Colour wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units
The Dodge Ram 1500 was a third generation, half-ton pickup truck and a successor to the Chrysler-backed division’s popular D-Series of trucks. A range of engines were available: 3.7 liter V6s, 4.7-5.9 liter V8s, 5.9 and 6.7 liter slant-6s, and 8.0 or 8.3 liter V10s. The third generation Dodge Ram saw a total design overhaul on the previous generation. Body styles included two-door regular cab and four door quad, or mega cab variants.
Standard servicing tasks include tire rotation and drive shaft lubrication every six months, annual brake lining inspection, and front and rear axle fluid inspection every 18 months. For complete repair and maintenance guidance to give your vehicle the care and attention it needs, look no further than our Dodge Ram 1500 1994-2001 repair manual.