MG ZR (1999 - 2006)
Complete coverage for your vehicle
Written from hands-on experience gained from the complete strip-down and rebuild of a MG ZR, Haynes can help you understand, care for and repair your MG ZR. We do it ourselves to help you do-it-yourself, and whatever your mechanical ability, the practical step-by-step explanations, linked to over 900 photos, will help you get the job done right. Regular servicing and maintenance of your MG ZR can help maintain its resale value, save you money, and make it safer to drive.
Hatchback, including special/limited editions.
Petrol: 1.1 litre (1120cc), 1.4 litre (1396cc), 1.6 litre (1589cc) and 1.8 litre (1796cc).
Turbo-Diesel: 2.0 litre (1994cc).
Does NOT cover GTi or ZR160, ‘Stepspeed’/’Steptronic’ automatic transmission, or ‘Streetwise’ range.
Does NOT cover 1.1 litre SOHC or 1.8 litre DOHC ‘VVC’ petrol engines.
Table of contents
General Information Chapter 1: Part A: Routine maintenance and servicing - petrol models Chapter 1: Part B: Routine maintenance and servicing - diesel models Chapter 2: Part A: Petrol engine in-car repair procedures Chapter 2: Part B: Diesel engine in-car repair procedures Chapter 2: Part C: Petrol engine removal and overhaul procedures Chapter 2: Part D: Diesel engine removal and overhaul procedures Chapter 3: Cooling, heating and ventilation systems Chapter 4: Part A: Fuel and exhaust systems – petrol models Chapter 4: Part B: Fuel and exhaust systems – diesel models Chapter 4: Part C: Emission control systems Chapter 5: Part A: Starting and charging systems Chapter 5: Part B: Ignition system – petrol models Chapter 5: Part C: Preheating system – diesel engines Chapter 6: Clutch Chapter 7: Manual transmission Chapter 8: Driveshafts Chapter 9: Braking system Chapter 10: Suspension and steering systems Chapter 11: Bodywork and fittings Chapter 12: Body electrical systems Wiring diagrams Reference
With a Haynes Online Manual in an online format you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- All colour step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Colour wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units