Need some help fixing or servicing your 2007 thru 2012 Nissan Sentra? We've just added 22 videos to our YouTube playlist that will help walk you through jobs such as changing the thermostat, renewing the shocks, swapping out the fuel pump and installing a new drive axle.
The Haynes Nissan Sentra playlist shows you:
- How to change the air filter
- How to replace the alternator
- How to renew the auto transmission oil
- How to replace the battery
- How to change the cabin filter
- How to service the cooling system
- How to change the drive axle
- How to replace the drive belt
- How to renew the front brake pads
- How to change the fuel pump
- How to replace the headlight bulbs
- How to renew the O2 sensor
- How to change the engine oil and filter
- How to fit the PCV valve (shown below)
- How to replace the rear brake pads
- How to renew the rear shock absorbers
- How to change the spark plugs
- How to replace the starter motor
- How to change the rear light bulbs
- How to replace the thermostat
- How to fit a new water pump
- How to change the wiper blades
The videos are designed to complement our print or online manuals for the 2007-2012 Nissan Sentra.
Here’s the Nissan Sentra PCV valve video from YouTube:
Buyer’s guide: the Nissan Sentra story
The Nissan Sentra was available as a four-door sedan body style.
The transversely mounted 2.0L and 2.5L four-cylinder engines used on these models are equipped with a sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection system.
The engine transmits power to the front wheels through either a six-speed manual transaxle or a continuously variable automatic transaxle (CVT) via independent driveaxles.
The Sentra has a steel uni-body structure and four-wheel independent suspension. The rack-and-pinion steering unit is mounted behind the engine. A small electric motor and control unit (EPS) is mounted to the steering column to provide the power assist as standard equipment.
All models are equipped with power-assisted front disc brakes and rear drum or disc brake brakes. An anti-lock braking system is standard equipment on some models, optional on others.
Nissan Sentra recall dates/campaign numbers/models affected include:
- JULY 11, 2008 / 08V311000 / 2007, 2008 Sentra
- SEPT 10, 2010 / 10V401000 / 2009, 2010 Sentra
- NOV 12, 2010 / 10V555000 / 2010, 2011 Sentra
- DEC 15, 2011 / 11V579000 / 2010. 2011 Sentra