Do you own a 2001 thru 2011 Honda Civic? Wondering how to do an oil change, service the transmission oil or change the spark plugs? The Haynes YouTube channel has all the answers!
Haynes’ YouTube playlist includes 23 FREE videos that show you:
- How to check the fluid levels
- How to fit new wiper blades
- How to change the starter motor
- How to renew the rear brake shoes
- How to change the engine oil and filter (shown below)
- How to replace the drive belt
- How to replace the alternator
- How to replace the air filter
- How to swap out the battery
- How to replace the manual transmission fluid
- How to replace the coolant
- How to replace the front shocks
- How to replace the fuel pump
- How to replace the O2 sensor
- How to replace the PCV valve
- How to replace the rear shocks
- How to replace the tail light bulbs
- How to replace the thermostat
- How to change the headlamp bulbs
- How to fit a timing belt
- How to replace the spark plugs
- How to install front brake pads
- How to replace a drive axle
The videos are designed to complement our print or online manuals for the 2001 - 2011 Honda Civic
Why buy a Haynes Online Manual?
With a Haynes Online Manual you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- You get to keep it forever
- All color step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Color wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units
Here’s the oil change video from YouTube:
Click here to see the whole YouTube playlist
Buyer’s guide: the Honda Civic story
The 2001 - 2011 Civic models were available in two-door coupe, hatchback and four-door sedan body styles.
The transversely mounted inline four-cylinder engine used in these models is equipped with electronic fuel injection.
The engine drives the front wheels through either a five-speed manual transaxle, six-speed manual transaxle, four-speed automatic transaxle, five-speed automatic transaxle or a Continuously Variable Transaxle (CVT) via independent driveaxles.
The suspension is independent at all four corners, featuring front coil sping/ shock absorber units, and either rear coil spring/shock absorber units or shock absorbers with independently mounted rear coil springs.
The power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering unit is mounted behind the engine.
The brakes are disc at the front and either discs or drums at the rear, with power assist standard. An Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) is available on most models.