Volvo S40 (2007 - 2013)
Complete coverage for your vehicle
Written from hands-on experience gained from the complete strip-down and rebuild of a Volvo S40, Haynes can help you understand, care for and repair your Volvo S40. We do it ourselves to help you do-it-yourself, and whatever your mechanical ability, the practical step-by-step explanations, linked to over 900 photos, will help you get the job done right. Regular servicing and maintenance of your Volvo S40 can help maintain its resale value, save you money, and make it safer to drive.
Volvo S40 Saloon 1.6L (1560cc) (2007 - 2013)
Volvo S40 Saloon 2.4L 4-cyl (2400cc) (2007 - 2013)
Volvo S40 Saloon 2.4L 5-cyl (2400cc) (2007 - 2013)
Volvo S40 Saloon 2L (1984cc) (2007 - 2013)
Volvo S40 Saloon 2L (1998cc) (2007 - 2013)
Volvo V50 Estate 1.6L (1560cc) (2007 - 2013)
Volvo V50 Estate 2.4L 4-cyl (2400cc) (2007 - 2013)
Volvo V50 Estate 2.4L 5-cyl (2400cc) (2007 - 2013)
Volvo V50 Estate 2L (1984cc) (2007 - 2013)
Volvo V50 Estate 2L (1998cc) (2007 - 2013)
Does not cover petrol engines or Powershift transmission.
Table of contents
Not available at this time.
With a Haynes Online Manual in an online format you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- All colour step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Colour wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units
The second-generation Volvo S40/V50 was launched in 2004. It was based on the platform of parent company Ford’s Focus. In 2007 the range got new diesel engines, including an economy-focused 1.6-litre DRIVe unit. Transmissions are either 5- or 6-speed manuals, or 5 or 6-speed ‘Geartronic’ automatics. Anti-lock braking (ABS) and power-assisted steering are standard on all models. As with all Volvo models, safety features are paramount, and the comprehensive airbag system and Side Impact Protection System (SIPS) offer exceptional protection. Stick with the manufacturer’s service schedule and the Volvo S40/V50 should be reliable.